Friday, April 5, 2013

Listening for His Voice

As we are in full swing on this beautiful Friday morning, our home is busy with the noise of two little boys playing in the toy room, the soft mechanical sounds of a baby swing rocking a sleeping baby off to dream land and the snoring of our sweet little multipoo.

To me these sounds are the blissful sounds of home. They remind me that I am right where I love to be. What sounds do you think of when you think of your home?

Do you think of the pitter patter of little feet, the laughter of your family or maybe the sound of bacon sizzling in a frying pan?

I often will put on the radio to a local Christian radio station to help bring joyful and meaningful sounds to our home. It is always amazing to me how quickly the sound of Praise music lifts everyone's spirits.

I love those moments of praise and celebration as much I love my quiet moments with the Lord. I find that my quiet moments with Him allow me to hear Him more that any other time in my day.

I am someone who needs my moments of quiet time and solitude with Him. I need that time to just sit and listen to hear His voice speak to me and give me encouragement, guidance and reassurance. It is a vital part of my day.

How do you best hear His voice?

John 10:27-28
My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they will never perish, and no one will snatch them out of my hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment