Saturday, February 15, 2014

The Knot

Today I had a "me" day.  I took off and headed out of town for a while to shop and just have a day where I could do whatever I wanted without having to worry about anyone else. I headed to a town about 35 miles away. They have a wonderful old downtown area called "the bricks" named for the cobble stone that still paves the streets. It was a beautiful day today, so I walked along the sidewalks window shopping. I visited some antique shops filled with all kinds of hidden treasures. I found some things in the western shop. My favorite shop to visit though was the Christian bookstore/gift shop they have there called The Solid Rock. I ended up with several purchases from there. A new devotional for our son along with a great character quality book geared towards boys. I bought a cookbook that is filled with old Amish family recipes. My favorite purchase however is a beautiful sterling silver necklace I bought called "The Knot". It is so simple yet stunning and it has a wonderful message with it that I wanted to share. This message is something that stopped me in my tracks when I read it and had me thinking to myself "Okay Lord, I hear you. I know I struggle and I thank you for always showing me grace and mercy during those moments." You see I am a worrier by nature. I can't help myself! I worry about anything and everything. I drive myself crazy! I love what this necklace symbolizes and will now have a reminder that all my worries, anxieties and doubts need to be left at His feet because He will take care of them.

Here is the message......

The Knot
Please remind me, Lord, each day, whenever one may come my way, to give each troubling "knot" to You, to untangle and undo. When life is "knot" what I expect, when I can "knot" and so neglect the steps of faith that I can take, help untie the "knots" I make.  The could, the would, the should have "knots", Lord, You know there are a lot, my stomach "knots", I get tongue tied; Lord, please be my strength and guide. So dear Lord, please take apart all the "knots" that hold my heart; You and I both understand that all my "knots" are in Your hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment