Friday, April 4, 2014

We've Been Married 10 Years!

Yesterday my husband and I celebrated 10 years of marriage....10 YEARS! In today's society where divorce is prevalent this feels like a HUGE milestone! (It also makes me feel old, but in the best way!)

We were married on a day that held very special meaning to me because it was my grandma's birthday. She had been called home to be with our Heavenly Father 8 years prior to us becoming husband and wife. We knew she was there with us in spirit, but we choose her birthday as another way to honor her memory.

The day we got married I remember feeling anxious with anticipation for him to see me in my dress. I love the color purple and wanted a unique way to incorporate that in my wedding dress while still staying very traditional. I was thrilled to have found a gown in our local bridal store that had elegant beading that could be ordered in a soft lilac color. It was everything I wanted and more. I still very vividly remember the look on his face when he first saw me. Our eyes met and everyone else in the church seemed to disappear. It was one of many times throughout our marriage that he made me feel like the most beautiful girl in the world.

Fast forward two and a half years and he gave me that same look as we watched with amazement as this tiny little, blue eyed baby boy was place in our arms after a 9 hour and 45 minute labor. I remember my husband whispering in my ear "You did so good! I am so proud of you!" I will never forget that moment or the look on his face. Even though I was exhausted, sweaty and in a hideous hospital gown he still made me feel beautiful.

We have been thru more up and downs in our marriage than sometimes we feel we should  have been given. We have survived a divorce of parents, health issues, bankruptcy, job transfers, multiples moves, infertility issues and several family deaths.  Yet thru it all we have always been made stronger.

I know that no matter what life throws at us we will make it. Our love is strong and our faith is stronger. I cannot express how blessed I feel to be married to this man. He is my rock, my shoulder to cry on, my prince charming, my best friend and my happily ever after.

I am proud to have celebrated our 1oth wedding anniversary. I would say "I do" all over again to every second, minute and hour. I love him with every beat of my heart! After 10 years I still cannot believe that he chose me to be his wife! I am one lucky girl!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your 10th anniversary, Christina! I've been blessed by reading your story here. Thank you for sharing what amazing things God is doing in your life. Your blog is beautiful. Are you a member of Compel Training? I'm a new blogger and have been so blessed by this writing group. Blessings to you and your family and your ministry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sabra for the kind words! I have never heard of Compel Training I will definitely look into it. Thank you for the recommendation. Blessings to you and yours! Have a great day.

      Delete