Monday, June 9, 2014

From Sports to Outer Space

It has been about a month now since I tackled this project. It all started while my husband was away for a few days on a guys trip to Colorado. I decided to paint our son's room and change his theme from sports to outer space. I was determined to get his room done before my hubby got home! I wanted this to be a rare chance where I could accomplish a project on my own without needing his help and without adding more to his "honey-do" list. So I took our 7 year old to the hardware store to pick out paint (that was interesting) and to get supplies. I was grateful that my in-laws offered to take our little guy to the carnival that was in town and keep him overnight. That meant I could work uninterrupted and he would be just as surprised as daddy. I worked into the wee hours of the morning painting, I didn't stop to think about our 9 foot ceilings and what challenges that might offer. The next day I did some touch ups and managed to put the finishing touches on the room as both my son and hubby were arriving home. I was so happy to see their excitement over what I had worked so hard to finish. I was bursting with pride over what I was able to accomplish! I still have bedding and curtains to get, but it is finished....


I found these fun decals at Menards

One of the framed artworks I created and the BLAST OFF artwork was a Free Printable from Pinterest.

Our son's art wall and another decal, this one I bought at Hobby Lobby and then added the moon and stars from the space decals. 

No comments:

Post a Comment