Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Do you have expectations of perfection?


A little while ago I read a post on Facebook from a sweet and precious Mama who is struggling with feeling like she is not enough. I read her post with tears as I got to thinking to myself that I can no longer even count the number of times I have felt inadequate. It got me thinking about all the times I have failed in each and every aspect of my role as a wife and mother. It made me think of all the times that I have compared myself to someone else or felt envy for what they have. It made me think of all the times that my husband has found me crumpled on the kitchen floor in tears because I had just had one of those days. A day where everything seemed to go wrong. The kids had been grumpy, the house was a mess, supper had not even been a thought in my mind and I said "yes" yet again to a commitment that I really wanted to say "no" to. 

As moms, haven't we all been there though? We all have those days! We are not super human. We all make mistakes. We all lose our cool with our children and even our husbands. We all need to come to terms with the fact that....WE ARE NOT PERFECT AND WE CANNOT DO IT ALL! (insert gasp) 

know it is difficult to hear those words, but ladies it is the truth. We will never be able to live up to any expectation of perfection that we put upon ourselves. It is impossible! What we can do though is choose to live in the now. Enjoy this chapter in our lives and all the messy imperfection that comes along with it. 

We need to handle ourselves with more grace and compassion and less criticism and condemnation. We have a hard job, but it is an amazing job! We may not be where we want to be or even who we want to be, but we are exactly where God wants to us to be! One of these days we will look back and miss these moments. At least, that is what they tell us anyways. wink emoticon


So to all my fellow Mommy friends out there...hang in there! You are amazing and loved just the way you are! 

No comments:

Post a Comment