Sunday, May 8, 2016

Life has been busy, but we are blessed.

Well hello there! I know it has been an awful long time since I have sat down to write to ya'll, but life has been busy. I am sure ya'll know how that goes. So today I am going to fill you in on a little bit of what has been going on here in my little piece of the heartland.

It was right around Thanksgiving time when we received a life altering phone call regarding my little brother. "The test came back", my Mom said "and it is cancer." My head and my heart were going a million miles a minute. How could this be? He was way too young to have cancer! He is in North Carolina, hundreds of miles away from us! Why God? WHY?!? Fast forward to today and I am happy to report that my little brother had surgery and  has since completed chemo. The results as of now are encouraging. He has more scans next month so this chapter is not over yet, but God's glory is significant and so is the power of prayer. We are trusting in Him and His plan. If ya'll would please keep my brother in your prayers I would appreciate it.

My 6'4 (little) brother. 


Now on to some more uplifting news.....

On December 12, my little sister married the love of her life in a beautiful winter wonderland inspired wedding event. It was an amazing day and I was honored to stand next to her as her matron of honor to welcome Robby into our family...finally! ;) I don't know if I have ever seen a more radiant looking bride. She was breathtaking! It was a day filled with love, laughter and yes even tears (all of them happy of course.)

Copyright of Love & Light Productions
My beautiful family! How handsome does our little guy look? He did a great job as ringbearer.


Let's fast forward a few more months shall we.....

On May 1st my hubby decided to take a leap of faith and he launched a new business venture that I am so excited to share with you guys. I have shared in the past that my husband is very handy. You can check out my post Our Old House to see the amazing barn door he created for our basement doorway. Well, he has taken his love of woodwork and creating custom pieces to begin Crae Mill Furniture.

I am so excited and proud of him for pursuing his dreams! I have been encouraging him for over 2 years to take the next step and am grateful that he has trusted God's plan and waited for the right time to do this. He has already sold a few pieces and has had several inquiries for business. He hasn't quit his day job (yet) but who knows maybe down the road he will be able to make this a full time job where he can work from home. I know he would love that!

Here are  just a few of the recent pieces he has created. All of his pieces are completely hand crafted from solid wood. He makes pieces that have that rustic feel and old farmhouse charm. I know I may be a little bias, but he is so talented and has such an eye for detail. :)
The "Hay Burner"

The "Tin Pants"
The "Tin Pants"

As you can see we have had a lot going on lately. So my focus hasn't been on my writing as much as I would like. I am working on getting back to sharing our journey with all of you. I value you taking the time to read my posts and share your thoughts with me. I know we are all busy with our lives. I hope that ya'll know that even when life is busy whether it is with joys or sorrows that we are all blessed beyond measure.

Until next time....Have a GREAT day!







No comments:

Post a Comment